Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Buy A Cabin Motorcycle

Plain around the lagoon

Cochabamba is the first step in this adventurous journey anthropology. The plane is already known the magic of this land where the peaks of the Andes emerge from the clouds, and alternate between green light and dark greens.
The city streets are narrow and chaotic, the machines play at every crossing to alert pedestrians that they are coming and ... pedestrians crossing running because for them there are no traffic lights. A checkerboard of old houses new leaves room for two large squares: 14 septiempre Plaza and Plaza Colon. 14 septiembre Plaza is alive and colorful, the people who are walking or sitting on benches and an old lady you polish the shoes of a young man. C women selling pan dulce holitas , freshly squeezed orange juice and popcorn cakes and other cakes made of corn. They are immediately recognizable as a dress with a pleated skirt very large and abundant, have two long black braids and a white hat decorated that protects them from strong sunshine. These women decided to dress traditionally but to live in cities and thus give a color in this town, which is a mixture of tradition and Westernization is looking for people who in homes and shops.

E 'evening and the air is fresh and light up the Colon square in the first light of makeshift bar. Walking near the lake and a woman is preparing a long table with tablecloth, plates and matching cups on the green. Later someone is Pharmacokinetic the grid and within the table will be filled.



The market is an explosion of sounds, smells, colors and people. A huge maze ordered divided into sectors. Within in what should be the BEGINNING, and I am surrounded by giant, colorful cakes, sweet cream and chocolate seem to be fake because they are perfect. I lose myself in the fruit and tissues, I decided to follow a scent and, taking me where? I look up and I certainly do not expect to see what presents itself to me hanging there: rows and rows of dried llama fetuses. The scent of incense that was felt for sure: I arrived in the "magic" of the market. They sell everything you need to offer gifts and ask for luck, health, love and what you want to Pachamama. I stop to talk with the woman of the bench, G. and I ask you to tell me what they are fetuses. G. tells me as we eat the meat so eating too Pachamama and assures me that the Lama are not killed for this but that fetuses blade dead or haa vuto problems in childbirth. In the bench I see a sheet of paper with the loam and white plates drawn and $ 100, is a preparation for when one prays the Pachamama. The soil is loam and coca leaves topped with cotton, the plates symbolize what you want to ask, in fact raffifurano scenes of love, work, health, and the bill is used to power the smoke that is being created by the coal. G. allows me to take pictures at his desk but not to her.
Priam's not the time I meet this reluctance to photography and I knew that there would have been difficult to portray people, fear is that the soul is stolen: each of us has more souls linked to the main parts of the body and often physical pain is related to the theft of the soul.
I leave the market, I go by the colors and I Ritov & crafts in the city with buses and cars and sellers of oranges on street corners.

Today is my last day in Cochabamba, tomorrow we're off! Tonight we spend in the tent in the garden of the driver. Yesterday we found a car and a van to begin our adventure and the driver was a surprise: he has offered no Appanoose found of our business. He solved our problems with only 4 questions:
When we leave?
How many are you?
Where are we going?
And how many degrees below zero we arrive?
Well, he said, are ready tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment